To Prevent Frozen Pipes:
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage
- Let cold water drip from the faucet , running water from the faucet, even if only a little bit, will help the pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature throughout the day and night to help prevent the pipes from freezing.
- If you are going away during the winter, leave the heat on at a temperature no lower than 55º
- DRS also provides winterization services if you are going away for period of time and you do not want to leave the heat on.
If The Pipes Do Freeze:
- Check all of the faucets in your home to see if more than one pipe is frozen, If so, try to locate the frozen pipes and apply heat, using either a warm towel, or blow dryer, leave the faucets open to attempt to let the water start running through which will help them unfreeze.
- If you can’t find where the pipes are frozen, call a licensed plumber.
If a Pipe Bursts:
- Safety first, Turn off the water if possible, and call DRS for immediate service, we will be able to provide immediate attention 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Often when a furnace is recently starting to be used again, a puff back will occur, where soot covers the walls and furniture, call DRS and we will be able to remove the soot and the odor.
- DRS also provides temporary heat if you have lost heat in your home.
- If branches fall on the house/building, if windows are broken, or any other storm damage occurs, call DRS, whether it’s a board-up, securing the area, or fixing the problem, DRS can take care of it.
Toll Free: (877)-280-7961 Visit us online at: www.drscleanup.com or www.drsremodeling.com