When water damage happens to your home or business, it may be a brand new experience for you. It isn’t a common occurrence for property owners, but it does happen. When it does, people often feel overwhelmed and stressed out because they don’t know the process of resolving the problem. They aren’t sure who to call, if their insurance is going to cover the damages, if their property is salvageable, or if the property is even safe to occupy. Being educated (even a little bit) can help ease your fears and calm your nerves if you do encounter property water damage. If y0u don’t know who to call, know that Disaster Restoration Services in New Haven is an experienced and certified water damage cleanup company that can quickly and easily help you remove water and restore any damage caused by water.
The Water Damage Cleanup Process
It is always smart to educate yourself and gain an understanding of the different aspects of being a homeowner. Here is some information for you about what the water damage cleanup process looks like and what a water damage restoration company can do to help you.
- Water Extraction: As soon as the professionals get to your home, they will immediately get to work and get rid of the water that has collected. These specialists have specific tools and equipment that will adequately and efficiently do the job.
- Carpet Cleaning: If your property has carpet, it is comforting to know that these companies will take care of it! As stated above, they will assess the water damage that may have occurred on your carpet and use their equipment to clean up the mess and make the carpet look new again.
- Upholstery Cleaning: Not only are these professionals good at cleaning carpet and other floors that may have been affected, but these guys are also trained to clean any upholstery or other furniture that may have been damaged by the water. The best part of this is that you only need to make one phone call to make all of this happen!
- Content and Structural Drying: Water damage restoration companies also have tools to make sure that the integrity of your home’s structure is intact and that no further damage will occur because of the water. They have special drying techniques to make sure that they hit the source and penetrate deep into the surface so that mold does not grow.
- Content Cleaning, Packing, Moving, and Storage: If your items are intact enough to move, the professionals will also move your belongings so that they do not get damaged. Not only will they move them, but they will also pack up and store them for you so that you do not need to worry about calling more people.
- Restore Mold and Flood Damaged Property: If mold or mildew has started growing, the professionals will remove all of the mold and repair any part of the structure damaged. If your property has been damaged by the water, they will also restore it to its former glory.
While water is a magnificent thing, it can also be dangerous, as it decides to take its own course. Remember that Disaster Restoration Services is on-call 24 hours a day to help you recover from any water damage.