Case Study: Commercial Fire Loss
- DRS was called in at 8pm for a fire loss at a commercial retail store in Northborough, MA. DRS quickly mobilized and had labor and equipment on site to stabilize and mitigate the loss.
- The loss was caused by a faulty wiring which leaked down from ceiling and caught an inversion table to catch fire.
- The secondary loss was caused from fire extinguisher media.
- Approximately 4,400 ft2 of damage to commercial space needing emergency mitigation services.
- To help minimize disruption and to maintain store hours, DRS was able to quickly contain the area, deep clean and deodorize. SteraMist was applied to merchandise, racking, and trouble areas to aid in deodorization and disinfection process while minimizing down time.
- In a 48 hour time frame DRS managed to remove soot, fire extinguisher media associated with the fire. With the quick response in association with having the appropriate tools such as Steramist the Store was only disrupted while the fire department was clearing the scene, with very little loss of merchandise.
DRS staff determined that because the location was a retail space this restoration project was a good use for SteraMist to ensure the safety of the general public.
Disaster Restoration Services Available 24/7
DRS is a family-owned company dedicated to helping Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island residents and businesses get their homes and property back to pre-disaster condition. When disaster hits, we are there to recover the damage. The DRS team of restoration experts are on call every day, 24/7 for fire, storm, water, mold, commercial & residential restoration & remodeling services.Like what you're reading? Don't keep it to yourself - share!